Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who Dat

O si, mi nombre es Romeo Ceniza Mascariñas. My friends call me quite a number of nicks: Romy, Meo or Romimash. I'm a musician by trade and not so recently went into songwriter in addition to my many 'gigs' here and there. I've been a musician and bandplayer all my life but I also love to listen to quite a number of commercial music on the airwaves. My musical influences range from rock to jazz, to pop, classical (every once in a while) and lately, hip hop. But I do hold on to the Eagles as one of my most favorite groups and influences of all time and as the band who really got my attention as terms of sounds and performance. Call them my heroes if you may.

In the world outside of music, needless to say, it's all about family. Family is where I find life -solace and joy, comfort and thrill - especially when I'm with my beloved one and and the two apples of our eyes, the kids. What can I say... they are God's answer to my unanswered prayers. Apart from them life doesn't have much meaning, if there is any at all. Then, of course, my blood-family: my parents and siblings. To them I owe most of everything: birth, education, friendship, moral and all kinds of support imaginable, encouragement, love, life, etc. Again, apart from these significant people of my life, there's not much life support and I might as well stay in my own nothingness. What a blessing they are to me and I feel so good and lucky!

As far as music is concerned... oh, what a gift and added blessing it is to what I already have!

INDECISION

Words by J. Roel Lungay

Music by Romeo C. Mascariñas

Performed by J. Ann Talisic, Romeo Mascariñas &
J. Roel Lungay

1
Indecision
Reflects uncertainty
Prevents our moving on.
Vindication
Excuses that we make
To hide away the truth.

2
Irreligion
It's messing up the faith
It's really going deep.
Invocation -
A need to make a plea
It's a real deal.

Refrain:
There's no regret, no illusion
Not sign of regress or confusion
Violence feeds revolution.
Avoid bad emotion,
Embrace high ambition -
Life is too precious
We have to move on.

3
Domination -
Competition everywhere,
Can't see the finish line.
Hard condition -
Imprisonment for all;
We have to free ourselves.

Bridge:
Evolution
With all its growing pain
Creation at its best.
Animation -
It brings us life again
A glorious day begins.

(Repeat Refrain twice)

Coda:
Indecision
It's something we can't keep
We need to move along.
Indecision
No matter if it's deep
We have to move along.

(Repeat Coda while fading)

Copyright © 2009 Roro Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved.
















No comments:

Post a Comment